1) Shopping local creates stable employment.
Downtown Shops in our Capitol City create local employment and self-employment.
2) Local independent shops invest more in our communities.
Local businesses are proportionally more generous in their support of local charities, schools, sports, non-profits and community events.
3) Local shops sell a wide range of great products at affordable prices.
Local shops react to the needs of the community quicker than national chains and reflect the unique culture of Concord in many ways.
4) Shopping local can save you money.
If you are looking for unique gifts, art, home accessories, locally crafted jewelry or even some great maple syrup ice cream, you will only find these in the smaller downtown shops along with other hidden treasures.
5) Shopping local retains our communities.
Supporting your local shops allows them to remain in the downtown area and keep the area vibrant and alive with involvement with local programs and providing a pleasing atmosphere for your family and friends to visit on a regular basis.
6) Shop Local retains our distinctiveness.
Independent shops create distinctive shopping experiences and stock different products.
7) Shopping local saves the environment.
Local shops often stock a high percentage of local sourced goods which do not require long car and bus journeys, helping reduce our global footprint.
8) Local shops are for everyone.
Easy access with public transportation and short walking distances.
9) Local shops value you more.
Evidence from numerous surveys show people receive better customer care and service locally.
10) Shopping local saves services.
Private and public sector services cluster around shops. As shops disappear so do hairdressers, banks, and restaurants, etc.